Understanding Computer Systems CO212 / A08
Understanding how a computer works after you press the power button is key to working with technology effectively. On this course, you will explore what happens inside the machine and learn how computers turn inputs into outputs.
You will learn what the computer operating system does and why you need it. You will also compare software and hardware, understand the importance of the central processing unit (CPU), and address factors that affect computer performance.
You will be able to:
- Describe the difference between hardware and software
- Assess the importance of operating systems and virtual memory
- Describe and compare storage, input, and output device
- Discuss factors affecting the performance of a system
- Identify the functions of the hardware in a computer system
- Explore different types of software such as application, system, and utility Investigate how devices interact with the operating system and other software
|Understanding Computer Systems||02 November 2020||00:00-00:00|
Fees & Bursaries
If the course you would like to attend is fully booked, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to express your interest in being added to a waiting list. We will contact you when the course is due to run again.
Interested In this course?
Sign up to receive our emails to hear about the latest CPD available