HOLIDAY DISCOUNT: Moving into science leadership RX017 / BC01
Are you taking up your first responsibility post?
Leading colleagues - perhaps for the first time?
This course will provide a range of strategies to support their move into a first area of responsibility within a science department. It will look at: Leadership styles, the difference between leadership and management, what outstanding teaching and learning look like, strategies for monitoring and evaluation, writing a strategic action plan and how best to implement change. Take an evidence based approach - discover what works in YOUR context, for YOUR staff, your school, your students. You will leave this course enriched and enthused!
- This course is delivered by an experienced facilitator who is an SLE and Director of Science working across a MAT, Eleanor is passionate about helping others on their leadership journey
- A range of carefully selected resources have been picked out ready to share with you - you certainly won't finish this course empty handed!
- Delivered remotely with Adobe Connect, with interspersed Gap Tasks to further develop and build your knowledge and confidence, this high quality CPD is offered at a discounted price over the summer holidays!
- All sessions will be recorded so that if you are unable to attend one of the Live Sessions, you won't miss out
- >> Completion of this course will reward you with a Certificate for your performance management.
You will be able to:
- employ a range of strategies to lead and manage your team effectively
- explain what outstanding teaching and learning in science is
- evaluate the leadership skills you have and identify areas for further development
Book now and you will be automatically registered for the scheduled sessions for the course. Remote CPD courses have live, facilitator-led sessions and are not available for instant access. Please refer to the schedule of dates published for each course instance.
|1. Introduction to course “Moving into science leadership”||17 August 2020||10:00-11:00|
|2. “Moving into science leadership”||19 August 2020||10:00-11:00|
|3. What does outstanding teaching and learning look like?||21 August 2020||10:00-11:00|
|4. Monitoring||25 August 2020||10:00-11:00|
|5. Being strategic moving forward||27 August 2020||10:00-11:00|
|Fee-paying school or college (independent)||Activity fee£75.00|
|State-funded school or college||Activity fee£50.00|
Participants from outside the UK will be charged the course fee and an additional £120 per day plus VAT.
Our remote CPD courses for teachers are delivered across a series of sessions run at specific times and dates. Information on all course sessions can be found under the description of each course. To complete a course, all sessions are mandatory.
Interested In this course?
Sign up to receive our emails to hear about the latest CPD available