KS3 Physics for non specialists RB298 / A226
If you have been asked to teach physics and it is outside your specialist area, this course is for you. It has been developed with the Institute of Physics and throughout the course we will develop your understanding of the principles of physics and the skills and strategies needed to teach the subject effectively and improve student motivation and attainment. This, in turn, will increase take-up of physics at GCSE, A level and beyond.
· increase your understanding of physics topics
· become more confident and competent in your teaching of physics
· develop an understanding of common student misconceptions and how these can be addressed
· employ the effective use of scientific models relevant to the teaching of physics
· teach the mathematical aspects of physics with greater confidence
|Part 1||03 December 2020||10:00-12:00|
|Gap Task||03 December 2020||12:00-13:00|
|Part 2||03 December 2020||14:00-15:00|
|Fee-paying school or college (independent)||Activity fee£130.00|
|State-funded school or college||Activity fee£100.00|
Participants from outside the UK will be charged the course fee and an additional £120 per day plus VAT.
Our remote CPD courses for teachers are delivered across a series of sessions run at specific times and dates. Information on all course sessions can be found under the description of each course. To complete a course, all sessions are mandatory.
Interested In this course?
Sign up to receive our emails to hear about the latest CPD available