Support for advanced higher biology NS511 / A20
This course will be delivered via several live online ‘cookalong’ sessions where delegates use pre-sent equipment. One live online session will support delegates in the use of freely available softwear to explore protein structure. One session of live online discussion will support planning and implementation of project work suitable for meeting the SQA Advanced Higher Biology specifications.
The gap task will comprise a reading task together with preparation to share project-work ideas with fellow course delegates in a live online session.
To apply for this course please contact SSERC directly (email@example.com) who will forward you the necessary information. Shortly after the published closing date for applications the Administration Team at SSERC will send to successful applicants:
• confirmation of an offer of a place on the course together with details on enrolment procedures• information on ENTHUSE bursaries and how to apply for such a bursary• a set of terms and conditions which you must meet in order to qualify for an ENTHUSE bursary
If you are a supply teacher you may still qualify for an ENTHUSE bursary – please contact SSERC to establish your eligibility.
You will be able to –
- support Advanced Higher Biology students in carrying out several required practical biology outcomes.
- support students in using RsMol to interrogate protein structure.
- support students in designing effective investigative project work.
- receive a range of resources to support learning and teaching of biology at Advanced Higher level
|1 Support for advanced higher biology||05 September 2020||10:00-17:00|
|2 Support for advanced higher biology||23 November 2020||16:00-17:00|
|3 Support for advanced higher biology||24 November 2020||15:00-17:00|
For courses at the National STEM Learning Centre in York, fees include meals and accommodation for the duration of the course.
Interested In this course?
Sign up to receive our emails to hear about the latest CPD available