Responsive teaching in STEM NW703 / A20
How can you find out and respond to what pupils do and do not know so that all pupils are challenged, engaged, motivated, active and move forward in their learning?
This hands-on two-day course will draw on best formative practices from research. Explore a range of classroom activities that can be taken away and used immediately to help you develop your responsiveness with your pupils.
You will explore ways you can:
- help all pupils be successful learners in science
- elicit and respond to pupils’ ideas to deepen and challenge their thinking
- engage pupils so they are active agents in their learning, supporting each other and themselves
- provide feedback that will make pupils think and be responsible for moving forward their learning
- build pupils self-esteem and motivation to persevere and enjoy learning in science
You will be able to:
- go back to school armed with ideas of how you can create and nurture a classroom culture that has pupil learning at its heart
- help your pupils see that they can be empowered to become more responsible for their thinking and learning
|Responsive teaching in STEM - day 1||07 January 2021||09:30-15:30|
|Responsive teaching in STEM - day 2||08 January 2021||09:30-15:30|
|State-funded school or college||Activity fee£50.00 +VAT||Standard bursary available*£330.00|
|Fee-paying school or college (independent)||Activity fee£50.00 +VAT|
* Your school or college will receive the bursary on successful completion of the CPD and impact toolkit. Find out more.
Participants from outside the UK will be charged the course fee and an additional £120 per day plus VAT.
Check your School bursary status
The bursary value may be higher for your school or college.
For courses at the National STEM Learning Centre in York, fees include meals and accommodation for the duration of the course.
Interested In this course?
Sign up to receive our emails to hear about the latest CPD available