Physics teachers' summer school NS209 / A19
This 2020 Summer School aims to offer opportunities that will support the delivery of National 4/5, Higher and Advanced Higher Physics. In laboratory sessions, participants will have hands-on experience of new practical work both at SSERC and at St Andrews University. The IoP Stirling Conference forms the substantial part of day 3.
To apply for this course please contact SSERC directly (email@example.com) who will forward you the necessary information. Shortly after the published closing date for applications the Administration Team at SSERC will send to successful applicants:
- confirmation of an offer of a place on the course together with details on enrolment procedures
- information on ENTHUSE bursaries and how to apply for such a bursary
- a set of terms and conditions which you must meet in order to qualify for an ENTHUSE bursary
Participants will be able to:
- develop strategies for making the teaching of N5 and post-16 physics more engaging and inspiring
- explore new creative approaches to practical work in N5 and post-16 physics, including N5 assignments
- describe developments in some key areas of contemporary physics relevant to N5 and post-16 learners
|Physics teachers' summer school - Day 1||04 May 2020 10:00-22:00|
|Physics teachers' summer school - Day 2||05 May 2020 10:00-22:00|
|Physics teachers' summer school - Day 3||06 May 2020 10:00-22:00|
|Physics teachers' summer school - Day 4||07 May 2020 10:00-16:30|
|State-funded school or college||Activity fee£400.00||Standard bursary available*£640.00|
|Fee-paying school or college (independent)||Activity fee£400.00|
* Your school or college will receive the bursary on successful completion of the CPD and impact toolkit. Find out more.
Participants from outside the UK will be charged the course fee and an additional £120 per day plus VAT.
Check your School bursary status
The bursary value may be higher for your school or college.
For courses at the National STEM Learning Centre in York, fees include meals and accommodation for the duration of the course.
Interested In this course?
Sign up to receive our emails to hear about the latest CPD available