PAT training course HC473 / C38
This PAT testing training course is carried out in accordance with the IEE Code of Practice 4th Edition, including advice on a risk based approach to PAT testing.
The course helps you to ensure that you understand the theory and practical aspects of testing portable electrical appliances safely. The PAT training courses includes several practical sessions where participants can inspect and PAT test a variety portable electrical appliances including testing power tools, office and IT / PC /ICT equipment, plus IEC leads.
Typical PAT testing course content:
- the legal requirement to test
- Class 1, II and III appliances
- safety risks and typical faults
- frequency of testing
- fuse ratings and visual inspections
- earth bond resistance tests
- insulation resistance tests
- earth leakage and touch current
- load / run testing
- HV flash testing - yes or no?
- practical sessions testing appliances
- pass and fail labelling
- results and maintenance records
Following completion of this course you will obtain competency to carry out In-service Inspection and Testing of electrical equipment (PAT Testing) in the relevant working environment.
|PAT training course||07 October 2019 09:30-16:30|
|heated member||Activity fee£157.50 +VAT|
|heated non-member||Activity fee£175.00 +VAT|
Check your School bursary status
The bursary value may be higher for your school or college.
Can we help?
If you have any questions about our bursaries or this booking call us on 01904 326394
Interested In this course?
Sign up to receive our emails to hear about the latest CPD available