Introduction to tissue recognition and mouse pathology HC557 / G01
This course is aimed at research staff, technical staff, students and medical or veterinary pathology trainees and follows on from the introduction to tissue recognition and basic mouse pathology course. It covers basic pathology terminology, common spontaneous pathology of mice, physiological changes seen in tissue eg oestrus/puberty and protocol induced changes eg gavage injury. The course includes lectures and practical sessions using virtual or glass slides presented by an experienced veterinary pathologist.
- To understand basic pathology terms
- To be able to recognise common spontaneous mouse pathology findings in histological sessions
- To be able to recognise physiological changes in mouse tissue
|Introduction to tissue recognition and mouse pathology||02 October 2019 09:30-16:00|
- Participants should have attended the introduction to tissue recognition and basic mouse pathology course or have significant knowledge of normal tissue histology.
- Participants are encouraged to bring a limited number of their own example slides for discussion.
- Lunch and refreshments will be provided, please inform us of any dietary requirements well in advance
- As part of this training course, the MRC wish to offer a tour of our Animal facility. Tours will take place after the course finishes at 16:00 and take approximately an hour.
- Barrier restrictions apply to certain areas in case of contact with rodents within preceding 48 hour period.
- Allergies to rodents or latex may limit participation in the tour of facilities and / or the practical components of this course.
*PLEASE NOTE THE BOOKING DEADLINE FOR THIS COURSE IS 6TH SEPTEMBER*
|heated member||Activity fee£165.00 +VAT|
|heated non-member||Activity fee£180.00 +VAT|
Check your School bursary status
The bursary value may be higher for your school or college.
Can we help?
If you have any questions about our bursaries or this booking call us on 01904 326394
Interested In this course?
Sign up to receive our emails to hear about the latest CPD available