Exploring the outdoors with the early years foundation stage NY060 / A19
Outdoor learning and play is widely acknowledged as being very beneficial to children’s early development. Taking children outdoors offers unique experiences to enhance their existing skills and knowledge and develop those important characteristics of effective learning. It offers them more opportunities to engage in a whole range of activities on a larger scale with no worries about noise levels, mess or space restrictions. Outdoor learning, being in the fresh air and space, have also been shown to have real positive impacts on children’s well being and development.
Who is it for?
This course is for EYFS practitioners who are new to the EYFS or those who would like to develop their current provision for outdoor learning.
“All sessions gave me lots of ideas and helped me reflect on my current practice and plan to improve it through outdoor learning that is purposeful and engaging.” Previous participant
What topics will be covered?
Over the two days we will cover:
- all areas of the EYFS framework including; mathematics, understanding the world, communication and language, expressive arts and physical development
- engaging activities to use with your children to support learning
- ways to enhance continuous provision within the outdoors classroom
- planning learning experiences that allow children to explore interactions with nature
- forest school activities to engage our EYFS children
This is a residential course, fees include meals and accommodation for the duration of the course.
You will be able to:
- identify and plan opportunities for the development of the outdoors classroom
- have an extended range of strategies to engage children with their immediate environment
- access resources to support the EYFS curriculum whilst working outdoors
|Exploring the outdoors with the early years foundation stage - day 1||21 May 2020 11:00-19:00|
|Exploring the outdoors with the early years foundation stage - day 2||22 May 2020 09:00-16:00|
|State-funded school or college||Activity fee£640.00 +VAT||Standard bursary available*£540.00|
|Fee-paying school or college (independent)||Activity fee£640.00 +VAT|
* Your school or college will receive the bursary on successful completion of the CPD and impact toolkit. Find out more.
Participants from outside the UK will be charged the course fee and an additional £120 per day plus VAT.
Check your School bursary status
The bursary value may be higher for your school or college.
Can we help?
If you have any questions about our bursaries or this booking call us on 01904 326394
Interested In this course?
Sign up to receive our emails to hear about the latest CPD available