Primary FACE ITT only (Sheffield Delegates) RB708 / B01
This event takes place at the arable industry's leading technical event, Cereals 2017. The CPD, run in collaboration with the Institute of Agricultural Engineers, will enable teachers to link with the cutting edge research and industry experts to enhance subject knowledge, widen understanding of the technical concepts used in the arable industry and to develop an understanding of STEM career pathways in the arable farming industry.
Teachers will be given a tour of the show by the CEO of the Institute of Agricultural Engineers and this will be followed by workshops on the technological developments in the farming industry from exhibitors and STEM Ambassadors.
Themes of the show include, fields of the future (looking at the use of robotics in farming through to the use of genetics), specialist crop zones (which looks at the optimum way of rotating crops as well as looking at novel and niche crops), soil pit (get eye to eye with crop roots), drone zone (using drones and how to analyse data) and knowledge trails (which look at anything from organic farming, sustainable farming, food security, engineering and much more).
Teachers will also have access to a wide variety of materials from hundreds of exhibitors which can then be used to enhance the curriculum.
A hosted lunch will be followed by free time to further explore this huge event at your leisure.
More information about the Cereals 2017 event can be found here : www.cerealsevent.co.uk/
You will be able to:
- link the real-world STEM contexts to the curriculum and enhance schemes of learning with real-world examples to inspire students
- enhance the curriculum with novel approaches and the latest developments in technological advancements
- link STEM career pathways to learning to help students to make better decisions about career choices
- enhance subject knowledge and understanding through the workshops which will be led by industry specialists
- develop links with industry that can be used by your school to deliver the curriculum and to enhance science capital
|Inspiring students through a farming context||02 October 2019 09:30-14:30|
|State-funded school or college||Activity feeFree|
|Fee-paying school or college (independent)||Activity feeFree|
Participants from outside the UK will be charged the course fee and an additional £120 per day plus VAT.
For courses at the National STEM Learning Centre in York, fees include meals and accommodation for the duration of the course.
Interested In this course?
Sign up to receive our emails to hear about the latest CPD available