Fit for Purpose Science Assessment day 1 RC102 / D10
There is no one-size-fits-all approach to science assessment that works in all settings. However, these two (stand-alone) assessment courses will give teachers and subject leaders the opportunity to explore best practice drawn from schools, plus the chance to learn about freely-available resources that are available in the wider educational world. This is the first of two assessment courses that might be attended as stand-alone CPD or as a two part course. The second day has course code RC102D12.
These courses are ideal for primary school teachers and subject leaders who want to familiarise themselves with current expectations around assessment and children’s progress in science. Teachers will experience practical ways of exploring children’s understanding of key concepts and aspects of working scientifically, recognising that looking at and listening to children provides excellent (and valid) evidence of learning. The importance of planning for learning with assessment in mind will be emphasised throughout and strategies which inform the process will be considered.
You will be able to:
- an introduction to assessment policy and practice, providing access to latest updates around statutory assessment, the OfSTED perspective and other influencing factors.
- current best practice, under pinned by research while drawn from quality classroom practice
- whole-school strategies to develop understanding of progression and age related expectations
- informed record-keeping that is manageable, minimal and useful
- developing CPD and working with others to improve assessment practice.
|Assessment in the new primary science curriculum... A world without levels||21 November 2019 09:30-15:30|
|State-funded school or college||Activity fee£175.00 +VAT|
|Fee-paying school or college (independent)||Activity fee£350.00 +VAT|
Check your School bursary status
The bursary value may be higher for your school or college.
For courses at the National STEM Learning Centre in York, fees include meals and accommodation for the duration of the course.
Interested In this course?
Sign up to receive our emails to hear about the latest CPD available