Primary FACE ITT only RB708 / N04
- 9.30am Arrive at Farm, Introductions, plan for the day, housekeeping.
- 9.45am Why teach about food and farming
- 10.00am Planning a farm Visit & H/S information.
- 10.30am Tour of the farm, including tractor and trailer ride.
- 12.15pm Lunch and an opportunity to browse resources
- 12.45pm Supporting resources
- 1.15 Curriculum links/ farm related activities
- 2.15pm Evaluations and close of session
- 2.30pm Depart
You will be able to:
- link the real-world STEM contexts to the curriculum and enhance schemes of learning with real-world examples to inspire students
- enhance the curriculum with novel approaches and the latest developments in technological advancements
- link STEM career pathways to learning to help students to make better decisions about career choices
- enhance subject knowledge and understanding through the workshops which will be led by industry specialists
- develop links with industry that can be used by your school to deliver the curriculum and to enhance science capital
|Inspiring students through a farming context||02 October 2019 09:00-16:00|
|State-funded school or college||Activity feeFree|
|Fee-paying school or college (independent)||Activity feeFree|
Participants from outside the UK will be charged the course fee and an additional £120 per day plus VAT.
Check your School bursary status
The bursary value may be higher for your school or college.
For courses at the National STEM Learning Centre in York, fees include meals and accommodation for the duration of the course.
Interested In this course?
Sign up to receive our emails to hear about the latest CPD available