Oxfordshire primary science twilight - beyond the Bright Ideas time RH159 / G07
Beyond the Bright Ideas Time
Many schools now have a Bright Ideas Time (a dedicated discussion slot for every primary science lesson) embedded in their practice. This session will outline a range of strategies beyond the Odd One Out, PMI and Big Question, to prompt pupils’ talking, in order to encourage their higher order thinking. The participants will:
- be equipped with a range of creative strategies designed to develop pupils’ talk about scientific ideas and concepts;
- be able to use the Bright Ideas Time for elicitation and assessment of pupils’ understanding of science.
- From attending the Practical science session you will be able to:
- use creative ways to teach primary science
- gather new ideas to apply in your classroom
2. From attending Assessment and progression you will be able to:
- use the latest tools to assist in accurate monitoring and assessment of science.
- apply these to ensure that pupils make optimum progress across the primary years
3. From attending Scientific enquiry and working scientifically you will be able to:
- plan a science programme to incorporate all five areas of scientific enquiry
- develop the skills of working scientifically for your pupils
|Oxfordshire primary science twilight programme - day 1||27 February 2019 16:00-18:00|