Physics teachers' summer school NS209 / A18
This year's summer school aims to offer opportunities that will support the delivery of national 4/5 Higher and Advanced Higher Physics. In laboratory sessions, participants will have hands-on experience of new practical work both at SSERC and Heriot Watt. There will also be a chance to tour the University's research laboratories. The IoP Stirling Conference forms the substantial part of day one.
To apply for this course please contact SSERC directly (email@example.com) who will forward you the necessary information. Shortly after the published closing date for applications the Administration Team at SSERC will send to successful applicants:
- confirmation of an offer of a place on the course together with details on enrolment procedures
- information on ENTHUSE bursaries and how to apply for such a bursary
- a set of terms and conditions which you must meet in order to qualify for an ENTHUSE bursary
You will be able to:
- develop strategies for making the teaching of post-physics more engaging and inspiring
- explore new creative approaches to practical work in post-16 physics
- describe developments in some key areas of contemporary physics relevant to post-16 learners
|Physics teachers' summer school - Day 1||29 May 2019 09:00-21:30|
|Physics teachers' summer school - Day 2||30 May 2019 09:00-21:00|
|Physics teachers' summer school - Day 3||31 May 2019 09:00-21:00|
|Physics teachers' summer school - Day 4||01 June 2019 09:00-13:30|
|State-funded school or college||Activity fee£400.00|
|Fee-paying school or college (independent)||Activity fee£400.00|
Participants from outside the UK will be charged the course fee and an additional £120 per day plus VAT.
Check your School bursary status
The bursary value may be higher for your school or college.
Our remote CPD courses for teachers are delivered across a series of sessions run at specific times and dates. Information on all course sessions can be found under the description of each course. To complete a course, all sessions are mandatory.
Interested In this course?
Sign up to receive our emails to hear about the latest CPD available