Chemistry summer school NS213 / A18
Building on the success of previous events, this course will focus on the research elements in Senior Phase Chemistry. In particular, on the National 5 and Higher Assignments and on Advanced Higher projects.
Laboratory sessions will follow an interactive approach aligned to the broad themes of the programmes.
Practical work will be supported by keynote presentations from external speakers. Combined with opportunities for professional networking, the Summer School offers participants a rich and vibrant programme that will enhance teaching and learning within their institutions.
To apply for this CPD please contact SSERC directly (email@example.com) who will forward you the necessary information.
Shortly after the published closing date for applications the administration team at SSERC will send to successful applicants:
- confirmation of an offer of a place on the CPD together with details on enrolment procedures
- information on ENTHUSE bursaries and how to apply for such a bursary
- a set of terms and conditions which you must meet in order to qualify for an ENTHUSE bursary
If you are a supply teacher you may still qualify for an ENTHUSE bursary – please contact SSERC to establish your eligibility.
Participants will be able to:
- develop strategies for making the teaching of Senior Phase chemistry more engaging and inspiring
- explore new creative approaches to assignment work for Senior Phase chemistry
- describe developments in some key areas of contemporary chemistry relevant to Senior Phase learners
- consolidate their own knowledge about the appropriate management of risk
- develop support networks for their own personal and professional development
- share and exchange information about current national developments.
|Chemistry summer school - day 1||16 May 2019 10:00-20:30|
|Chemistry summer school - day 2||17 May 2019 09:00-16:45|
|State-funded school or college||Activity fee£360.00 +VAT||Standard bursary available*£320.00||Bursary typeENTHUSE bursary|
* Your school or college will receive the bursary on successful completion of the CPD and impact toolkit. Find out more.
|Fee-paying school or college (independent)||Activity fee£360.00 +VAT|
Participants from outside the UK will be charged the course fee and an additional £120 per day plus VAT.
Interested In this course?
Sign up to receive our emails to hear about the latest CPD available