Using mysteries to improve engagement and learning in primary science NW025 / B18
A two-day course that will show you how to stimulate curiosity and maintain it through purposeful classroom activities that build pupils’ science skills and knowledge
Using an innovative set of strategies which has been developed in partnership with science educators in many countries across Europe this course will enable you to:
- provide a compelling focus by using mysteries in the classroom
- use principles of showmanship to present mysteries with flair
- motivate pupils to engage with the science
- use a well-established instructional method so pupils can generate questions and explore the science for themselves
- improve skills and increase pupil independence over time
This course will:
- improve enquiry skills
- explore scientific concepts
- improve science learning in your classroom
|Using mysteries to improve engagement and learning in primary science - day 1||02 July 2019 09:30-15:30|
|Using mysteries to improve engagement and learning in primary science - day 2||03 July 2019 09:30-15:30|
|State-funded school or college||Activity fee£50.00 +VAT||Standard bursary available*£330.00||Bursary typeENTHUSE bursary|
* Your school or college will receive the bursary on successful completion of the CPD and impact toolkit. Find out more.
|Fee-paying school or college (independent)||Activity fee£50.00 +VAT|
Participants from outside the UK will be charged the course fee and an additional £120 per day plus VAT.
Interested In this course?
Sign up to receive our emails to hear about the latest CPD available