BSC Awards Level 2 Certificate in DSE Risk Assessment HC533 / G02
The Health and Safety (Display Screen Equipment) Regulations 1992 require employers to assess both the workstation and the working environment of employees who regularly use computer workstations. The Level 2 Certificate in DSE Risk Assessment provides formal recognition of an individual’s ability to undertake a DSE risk assessment in line with the Health and Safety Executive’s guidance to the regulations.
Our training utilises the very latest learning methods, with special emphasis on participative and interactive techniques. Overall, the aim of our training is to share knowledge and practical experience and, through tutor-led sessions, build on that experience so that every participant is able to manage risk assessment effectively and realistically.
The training sets out to develop sound and practical knowledge and understanding for day-to-day application in the workplace and prepares each participant for the Level 2 qualification assessment.
- reasons for conducting DSE risk assessments
- main legislation relating to DSE risk assessment
- competencies required of DSE risk assessors
- health effects relating to DSE use
- main causes of ill-health relating to DSE use
- principles and benefits of good ergonomic design
- minimum requirements for workstations
- recording the findings of a DSE risk assessment
- making recommendations based on the findings
- reviewing and revising a DSE risk assessment
After completing this course, participants will:
- understand why DSE risk assessments are important
- understand relevant legislation regarding DSE assessment
- be able to make recommendations following a DSE assessment
- be ready to take the BSC Level 2 Assessment
|BSC Awards Level 2 Certificate in DSE Risk Assessment||01 November 2018||09:00-17:00||Oak Tree Management & Training Ltd|
This course is certified by the British Safety Council. There is an online assessment task following the course. The cost is included in the course fees.
|heated member||Activity fee£360.00 +VAT|
|heated non-member||Activity fee£388.00 +VAT|
Participants from outside the UK will be charged the course fee and an additional £120 per day plus VAT.
For courses at the National STEM Learning Centre in York, fees include meals and accommodation for the duration of the course.
Interested in this course?
Sign up to receive our emails to hear about the latest CPD available