Going further with psychology NY503 / A15
This course is aimed at those with some experience of teaching post-16 psychology and focuses on the scientific aspects common to current specifications. It also effectively integrates How Science Works and explores strategies for good progression from pre-16 science. The course aims to deepen and develop classroom skills and understanding to promote active learning approaches.
The course includes:
- sharing and developing good practice
- opportunities to meet with research psychologists
- updates on some contemporary topics
- consideration of how to apply psychological understanding to teaching and learning
You will be able to:
- implement a range of effective learning approaches, related particularly to scientific aspects and How Science Works
- describe some relevant contemporary aspects of psychology
- apply disciplinary knowledge to practice
- develop a focused action research project during the course
|Going further with psychology - Day 1||04 February 2016||10:30-19:00||National STEM Learning Centre|
|Going further with psychology - Day 2||05 February 2016||09:00-16:00||National STEM Learning Centre|
|Going further with psychology - Day 3||23 June 2016||10:30-19:00||National STEM Learning Centre|
|Going further with psychology - Day 4||24 June 2016||09:00-16:00||National STEM Learning Centre|
Fees & Subsidies
For courses at the National STEM Learning Centre in York, fees include meals and accommodation for the duration of the course.
Interested in this course?
Sign up to receive our emails to hear about the latest CPD available