CLEAPSS Health and Safety for Science Technicians RA622 / H01
This is a one-day course originally designed by a team set up by the Association for Science Education to help with the health and safety training of school laboratory technicians.
During the course, the following aspects will be covered:
- legislation on health & safety including the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 and its subsequent Regulations
- legal bans, myths and rumor
- risk assessment in general and personal risk assessment for technicians
- safe management for handling of resources for practical science
You will be able to:
- raise awareness of safety issues and current health and safety legislation
- make technicians more comfortable with their responsibilities
- help delegates become more aware of the range of CLEAPSS services and advice
- practice risk assessments, to consider what safe management and managing safely means in practice for technicians
- and, optionally, to devise and Action Plan
|Health and Safety for Science Technicians||17 December 2018 09:30-15:30|
All participants on the course must come from institutions/organisations that are CLEAPSS members. CLEAPSS reserves the right to charge a higher fee for non-members.
It will be helpful if participants can bring with them a laptop. We need one laptop between two participants; you may also check nearer the date in case we have enough without yours.
|State-funded school or college||Activity fee£125.00 +VAT|
|Fee-paying school or college (independent)||Activity fee£125.00 +VAT|
Interested In this course?
Sign up to receive our emails to hear about the latest CPD available