Developing skills for The F1 in Schools STEM Challenge TY200 / B18
Get the skills needed to run The F1 in Schools STEM Challenge with your students, as well as developing your knowledge of computer aided design (CAD) and CNC manufacture.
- get hands-on instructions on how to design, analyse, manufacture, test and race, miniature gas powered F1 model block cars
- learn how to use Autodesk Fusion 360 to create computer models of cars, ready for rendering and testing. We will also cover creating parts, assemblies and engineering drawings
- develop design skills that are transferable for those wishing to teach CAD outside of the F1 in Schools STEM Challenge
- gain experience of CNC manufacture, using a CNC Router and 3D printer and find out how to output your own CAD drawings for CNC manufacture
As well as keeping any designs and models that you produce during this course, you will also gain access to the F1 in Schools Curriculum Resource, a set of cross-curricular materials to help you run a project based on the F1 in Schools competition. The resource contains over 60 fully-resourced session plans – everything you need for running the project in your school.
More about the F1 in Schools competition:
The F1 in Schools STEM Challenge is for students aged 9-19 and aims to help change the perceptions of STEM subjects by creating a fun learning environment for young people. Students taking part in the challenge are inspired to learn about physics, aerodynamics, design, manufacture, branding, graphics, sponsorship, marketing, leadership/teamwork, media skills and financial strategy.
This is a residential course, fees include meals and accommodation for the duration of the course.
- use Autodesk Fusion 360 to create drawings and renderings for the conceptual design of an F1 car
- understand how to manufacture a car using a CNC Router and 3D Printer
- understand the basics of how to participate in The F1 in Schools STEM Challenge and discover the support available
|Developing skills for The F1 in Schools STEM Challenge - day 1||05 July 2019 10:00-18:00|
|Developing skills for The F1 in Schools STEM Challenge - day 2||06 July 2019 09:00-15:30|
|State-funded school or college||Activity fee£640.00 +VAT||Standard bursary available*£587.00||Bursary typeENTHUSE bursary|
* Your school or college will receive the bursary on successful completion of the CPD and impact toolkit. Find out more.
|Fee-paying school or college (independent)||Activity fee£640.00 +VAT|
Participants from outside the UK will be charged the course fee and an additional £120 per day plus VAT.
Interested In this course?
Sign up to receive our emails to hear about the latest CPD available