Building confidence as a newly qualified mathematics teacher MY205 / A18
Join us to explore what makes good mathematics teaching. This course suitable for NQTs and mathematics teachers who are in the early years of their teaching career considers a range of teaching strategies to help engage and inspire students during your first teaching post. We will look at questioning, promoting positive behaviour, planning for learning and ways of giving feedback that make a difference.
The course consists of two residential periods to help build confidence and support you as a newly qualified mathematics teacher.
"There were a lot of useful tips and strategies given to us. We discussed situations from our teaching that were not good and got advice on how to improve it, change it, etc. I have few things I'm going to try out to improve my practice."
Past participant, 2016
During this course, we will:
- establish a vision for your teaching and explore strategies to maintain resilience as a new teacher
- experience methods for increasing progress for low attaining students, and methods for promoting positive behaviour
- discover activities to generate stimulating displays and mathematics outside the classroom
- explore problem solving skills, questioning strategies, resources and feedback that makes a difference
"Everything was brilliant. [The sessions] were all tailored towards us and our needs and wants."
"Every session was amazing."
Past participants, 2016
This is a residential course, the fee includes meals and accommodation for the duration.
You will be able to:
- explore what makes good mathematics teaching
- experience teaching methods to build confidence and help develop the teaching and learning in mathematics
- complete a gap task and action plan in order to put theory into practice
|Building confidence as a newly qualified mathematics teacher - Day 1||07 November 2018 09:30-19:00|
|Building confidence as a newly qualified mathematics teacher - Day 2||08 November 2018 09:00-16:00|
|Building confidence as a newly qualified mathematics teacher - Day 3||05 February 2019 09:30-18:00|
|Building confidence as a newly qualified mathematics teacher - Day 4||06 February 2019 09:00-16:00|
|State-funded school or college||Activity fee£1,200.00 +VAT||Standard bursary available*£1400.00||Bursary typeENTHUSE bursary|
* Your school or college will receive the bursary on successful completion of the CPD and impact toolkit. Find out more.
|Fee-paying school or college (independent)||Activity fee£1,200.00 +VAT|
Participants from outside the UK will be charged the course fee and an additional £120 per day plus VAT.
Interested In this course?
Sign up to receive our emails to hear about the latest CPD available