The design and technology summer school is back for 2019!
Created for NQT's and recently trained teachers of design and technology, the summer school returns to the National STEM Learning Centre again for 2019!
4 days of hands-on interactive sessions with some of the UK's leading specialists in teaching and learning, design and technology and STEM engagement.
8, 9, 10, 11 July,
Fees include accommodation and food throughout the event, with a bursary available to support UK based state funded schools, academies and colleges.
“Every part of the CPD was outstandingly organised and incredibly knowledgeable. A dedicated time to talk with same subject teachers to talk about their departments etc. to create links across schools.”
Workshop sessions will look at topics such as:
- assessment for learning, with specific focus on questioning techniques and securing effective feedback from students
- teaching the tricky bits, key stage 3 and GCSE
- finding resources and maintaining your support network, both in person and online
- creating links with industry to support the curriculum and ideas for engaging STEM activities
- the rationale for design and technology education, what are we trying to achieve for our students?
Practical sessions will cover content on:
- digital design (CAD) and simulation with key stage 3 onwards
- ideas for 3D printing and the Future of Making
- ideas for making, quick projects to engage students
- teaching food science in secondary
- electronics for key stage 3 and GCSE design and technology
- smart materials and technical textiles