Introducing the Line Zone: IMA Online STEM engagement for Students, Teachers and Mathematicians
I’m a Mathematician: Line Zone is a free to enter online STEM engagement activity for school students, supported by the Institute of Mathematics
- Read profiles of real-life mathematicians from a range of backgrounds,
- Ask their own questions to our mathematicians about their research, hobbies, careers and more,
- Chat with mathematicians through safe, moderated, online text-based chats, and...
- Vote for their favourite mathematician to win £500 for further engagement!
The Line Zone is there when you need it: Students can log in from anywhere at any time while the Zone is open to read profiles and ask questions, and you can book a chat at a time that works for you and your class.
Teachers - Register now to connect your students with working Mathematicians: https://imamathematician.uk/teachers/ima/
- Chat with students and teachers using a simple messaging platform
- Answer their questions about working in mathematics
- Compete for their votes to win £500 for your engagement projects
Taking part in I’m a Mathematician, Get me out of here is an easy and accessible way to:
- Improve your communication skills,
- Enjoy engaging with the public - even during an ever-shifting global pandemic,
- Think about your work from a fresh perspective,
- Help young people from a range of backgrounds see maths as something for them.
“There was just as much a benefit for me as for the students. The chats were just what I needed to lift my spirits and get excited about my work!” -- Elena Maters, Scientist
Mathematicians - Register now to take part at: https://imamathematician.uk/mathematicians/ima/
Still have questions? Find out more here: https://imamathematician.uk/
If you can’t find the answer to your question, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org